- The term rule of thumb comes from the old English law that men couldn't beat their wives with anything wider than their thumb.
- Less than one percent of people who entered Germany's Auschwitz concentration camp survived, after being liberated by the Russians in 1945.
- American poet Edgar Allan Poe was once thrown out of West Point Academy in 1831 after showing up for inspection stark naked.
- A monkey's skull wrapped in leather and paper was used as a soccer ball in the very first World's Cup Soccer Championships in Uruguay.
- Ants never sleep in their wholelife.
- A reward of $1,000 was offered for information leading to the capture and conviction of a man robbing taxi drivers. The man turned himself in and demanded the reward as a result. He received a 20 year sentence for aggravated robbery instead.
- The "pound" key on your keyboard (#) is called an octotroph.
- Elvis Presley's hip-wiggling started out as a stage fright. He was so nervous, that his legs would shake.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- A man was arrested and charged with the robbery—of vending machines. The man posted bail, entirely in quarters.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- Tommy Lee Jones and Al Gore were freshman roommates at Harvard.
- Abdul Kassam Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. Four hundred camels carried the 117,000 volumes.
- Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
- Experts at Intel say that microprocessor speed will double every 18 months for at least 10 years.
- Hitler and Napoleon both had only one testicle.
- Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
- In 1386, a pig was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."